Friday, August 20, 2010

If your social life sucked and you had the chance to move would you take it?

In sixth grade I moved from a nice little sheltered town where everyone was friends with everyone and there was one movie theater to the suburbs of a bigger city. At first I lived the time of my life. I had a close knit group of girl friends and tons of guy friends too. For two years we went to sleepovers, lake trips, amusements parks, etc together. There were tons of pool and birthdAy parties! Then in the second semester of eighth grade something changed. It had been accumalaTing for the past years but I was too busy clinging on to the reminants of my past social life to notice. Our close group of friends split and I was forced to choose a side. It wasn't so obvious what had happened and instead of choosing some friends over the other I spread myself thinly trying to please everyone. All our past relationships evaporated and instead of moving on I stuck with these people hoping that we could all be friends again. It soon came to be that we didn't have 5 minutes worth of conversation left and I realized our entire ';friendship'; was based on fun, gossip and popularity. Now, freshman year I finally realized what was happening and I left the group. I didn't have many other friends but I finally found a group to sit with at lunch. Now I am close to some of them but not close enough for sleepovers, movies or anything. I know for sure, I don't know how, that these aren't people who will be my true blue friends. Even worse, the guy I liked and hung out with multiple times over the summer has an new girlfriend who he makes out with all through lunch (literly). I do really well in school, however, so now I have the option of moving to a new city with a better school and new people. I'm gonna stay through until the end of the semester but should I take a risk and switch schools?If your social life sucked and you had the chance to move would you take it?
Why not move if you have a chance to do just that; I mean face it if you are not happy where you are at then I say Go For It; At least in the new school you can start all over again ; you don't know anyone and noone knows you; so yes then Just Do ItIf your social life sucked and you had the chance to move would you take it?
i had the same option


but different reason to move


i decided to take it and found


out i was more comftorable there


so yea go for what the heart tells you
first of all.. things change after elementary... i had a huge group of friends in grade 7, but when highschool came, we all ended up going to different schools and eventually we all grew up and had different interests..





secondly, change can be a good thing.. if you don't like how things are going right now, i think it would be a cool idea to move and make a whole new set of friends with personalities similar to yours!





PS: you don't need that nasty guy that ';makes out all the time';.. that seems so trashy. ditch him, you'll meet someone better than that

No comments:

Post a Comment