Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it possible for you to love the same person for the rest of your life?

It's amazing the fact that no matter how many men come my way, at the end of it I always find myself getting reacquainted with the fact that I still love this one person. It's like he will always be the one, even though we're no longer together. So strange... but it's a good strange, cos I don't struggle with it anymore. A few years have passed by already so after being through hell for having lost him along the way and coming back to life I've just managed to come pretty much happily to the conclusion that I do love him still and that I most probably always will. No point in struggling, cos struggling would only make me unhappy about the fact that we're no longer together. It's like moving on accepting your feelings for that person, and accepting that there's a big chance that they will always be part of your existence, that loving him is now part of your life, whether you want it or not, it's a given! It feels strange, but it's a good strange.





I just hope that wont prevent me from loving someone else too, cos I'm one of those people who doesn't see much of a point in 'forever lonely'. And well... as long as the other guy doesn't know about it I guess we could both be cool. And I know this part doesn't sound all that good, but one can't help what one feels, and one shouldn't. It's a gift from life finding what could be the love of your life, even if you're not meant to be together.





It's amazing cos what used to sound like a Greek tragedy to me in the past, now just brings me feelings of resignation, and acceptance, calm acceptance.





Unless any of you people might think that its not necessarily love...Is it possible for you to love the same person for the rest of your life?
Yes, I believe that a person can lose the love of their life and continue to live without them. In fact there is no reason to think that it isn't love just because you no longer hurt. You have just accepted your fate and his. He would have wanted you to be happy though. Even if it means finding someone to keep you from feeling lonely.Is it possible for you to love the same person for the rest of your life?
Obviously I have my moments, but then again everybody has them, regardless of them being with their loved ones or not... so it's all good I guess lol

Report Abuse



Oh it's very Possible, I'm just like that Myself%26lt;3%26lt;3





D best thing 2 do is just Realise how happy u r, Stay in Paradise %26amp; Neva Question how in love u r:):)
Yes, I can.





If I have love someone, I cannot see her come to harm, even she piss me off.
I don't think it is necessarily love. I think it may border on obsession or something like that. Or, it could be admiration for that person, but I'd say that's a stretch. I think you have to be indifferent to a person you were once in a relationship with, end those strong emotional feelings first and then in time develop admiration for them. But love? No.





I think that people can learn to appreciate what they once had, but staying in love with them is not healthy. It also prevents people from moving on...it is not acceptance or resignation to true love, it is being


';stuck'; on someone who is emotionally holding you back, despite their lack of presence in your life.
';Is it possible for you to love the same person for the rest of your life?'; I do believe its possible, in fact I hope so. Been with my Husband longer than I've been single (married 24 years), and don't see myself with anyone else, ever.


But I also acknowledge that there are things that can kill off the loving feeling - insecurities, abuse, indifference, animosity/resentments.


There's also the possibility that what one thought was love was really something else mistaken as love.


There's also the possibility that one kind of love is mistaken for another, and you don't realise it til later. For example a deep abiding friendship/kinship be mistaken for the ';happy ever after'; kind of romantic love.


If you love another, but don't want to be alone forever, please at least be honest about that with whomever you do choose to spend it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment