Monday, August 16, 2010

How to move on to the next phase of your life?

After a year divorced thought I was making progress as to getting over my ex-wife, with prayer and support of my family and keeping busy at work, but it seems that I can't ever get her out of my thoughts.I've drowned myself in my work, avg. 70hrs. a week, just so that I won't have any free time to think about her. I see her twice weekly when I go pick-up our 2yr. old baby boy and each time I see her my heart drops I sometimes feel physically ill. I no longer want to feel this way, I want to once again enjoy this life again. Help!How to move on to the next phase of your life?
I guess in order to answer this question with any amount of logic I have a couple of questions. 1- Why did you divorce in the first place? 2- Are or were either of you involved with someone else? 3- How does she feel about you right now? 4- Have you talked with her about how you feel?


If possible get back to me by email and I'll be more than happy to talk with you. I went through much the same thing so I can speak from experience. reycl89122@yahoo.comHow to move on to the next phase of your life?
I'm wondering if you divorced her or visa versa? You act has if she divorced you. If so, your just gonna have to keep it moving forward. Truthfully, the best way is to find another woman who you're interested in to get off her. Now if you divorced her, go back and reconcile. Lastly, burning yourself out a work isn't gonna help ($ can't buy love)
Well, it's been a year now %26amp; you're still holding out hope for a reconciliation. Have you broached the subject with the ex? Is it more a physical need?





You need to come to grips with what you're dealing with here. A year is long enough to grieve. You either pursue a rematch, or move on. Though, if you haven't resolved whatever drove you apart, you'd better take care of that if you're considering a redo.
I believe you obviously are still in love with her. It may be helpful to have a family member pick the child up and drop off because you aren't able to see her without your feelings in the way as yet. A year is not that long when your talking about two people that were married and have a child. Good luck.
Although I have never been divorced I have lost someone I loved very much. It was devastating and at times I wished I would just not wake up and end my misery. But the fact is that although your pain is very private to you, millions of people have endured the same thing. We do get over it and we do go on with our lives and yes...we are happy again. You will be too. Right now I suggest you do everything you can to keep busy. Get a hobby, play poker, fish, go to ballgames, join a gym (the endorphins really do help you feel better), find friends and hang with them as much as possible. Don't walk down memory lane...put pictures away. Change your radio station to something that has no memories. Don't go to places you know she will be. Stay away from excessive alcohol or drugs...it only prolongs the healing process. The only thing that will heal this is time. It sounds cliche but it's the truth. As much as you love your son it does make it that much more difficult because you can't just cut bait and never see this woman again. Having to see her 2xs a week just keeps opening a healing wound. I suggest you try and make it as sweet and short as possible. Don't hang out for small talk. Also...do look for someone new to share your life with. Try online if you haven't already. There are so many chat groups and couples sites. It's amazing how having someone in your life to share things with changes your view of the world. You may just find someone to chat with that understands what you're going through and a friend that listens is indispensable right now. Good luck to you.
you go out and date


you live life


you definitely cut back on work ours and begin to have a life


after a while picking up you 2 year old will just be that


and she will see that you have a life outside of her.. that you have moved on


it's not hard to do at all


you merely lack the mentality to do it..


you are thinking on an emotional level


and think she still loves you like she previously did


you are not thinking as a man, but action emotionally like a women does

No comments:

Post a Comment