Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you get over a 2 year relationship?

My boyfriend and I of two years are going our separate ways. It's killing me, absolutely killing me. And I want this pain to go away. Any thing that's ever helped you get over someone, and move on with your life. Please, any suggestions.How do you get over a 2 year relationship?
Time will heal all wounds, I'm sure you'll hear this for the rest of your life, but it couldn't be more true.


Also, spend a lot of time with your girlfriends. Keep yourself busy, do things you couldn't do when you were in a relationship, but seemed fun.


I'm sorry about your break up and I can only imagine the amount of pain you must be enduring. Go rent some really funny movies, and invite the girls over.


In time, it'll get better.


=/How do you get over a 2 year relationship?
first make sure that you fully admit that it's over, don't look at any pictures of him in real life or on myspace and keep contact with him to an absolute minimum (none if possible)





then focus on something ELSE that you love such as a sport, an instrument, or anything, if you have nothing then FIND SOMETHING, get good at something, what always helped me was to start really focusing on my appearance and guitar playing, by looking in the mirror and being able to tell myself that i was the hottest most talented guy around i was able to feel MUCH better about what i'd lost, if you stick to whatever routine you decide then your pain will be gone within a month or so, trust me ;)
I just got out of a ten year relationship that turned really bad the last couple of years. It's really hard but maybe try reinventing yourself. Dye your hair or do something to redefine your appearance. Try to find a new hobby that won't remind you of him. Go on casual dates. The main thing that has helped me is convincing myself that I don't want to be ';that girl'; that always has a boyfriend. Single girls rock. I've always envied those girls that seem too good to have boyfriends and have so much fun being single. It's so liberating.
Well I was with my ex-boyfriend for 2 years, and it still hurts every time I see a car that looks like his, I start feeling sad, its like everything reminds me of him, but what has helped is that I started back exercising so I could feel good about myself for the next relationship, I went shopping, got my hair done, hung out with my girlfriends, dated other guys, and I thought about all the thing I dislike about my ex-boyfirend, and then laughed because now the new girl has to deal with it. Lastly I cried, memoried the good times, and let go and act like he never exited, but honestly only time will heal your pain.
Take a few days to sit around and mope,cry,feel sorry for yourself, throw a complete pity party if you have to.





Do that for a few days until you grow the willpower to motivate yourself into getting over him.


You absolutely have to engrave it in your head, that feeling sorry for yourself is not a life, it's not the right way to live.


You have to remind yourself that you can do better.


And I know it sounds cliche,but when you finally grow this willpower,


don't get into anything serious, but casually date around.


Try new things.Eat new things. Give your life a little upgrade.


Change your style a bit.


Keep your mind focused on something else,but don't stress yourself.


Basically,it's out of sight, out of mind.


As you're trying new things, you begin to realize what you may have missed out on with your former lover


and believe it or not..you might actually be better off.


Only when you love yourself is when you're fully ready to love someone new.


Trust me =)


I've taken this advice,and I'm happy single or with someone.


the joys of being free-spirited.
This happened to me with my boyfriend of 13 months. Now whatever you do DO NOT get into another relationship or start dating other people right away. You're in that vulnerable state right now in which every ';wow your a nice girl, he don't know what he's missing'; talk will sweep you off your feet in a heart beat. Take some me time out for yourself. Go do some stuff you love to do by yourself or with your closest friends. Focus on you and remember you have a lot to offer. Too bad he couldn't see that.
Have a good cry for ONE day. Then get rid of stuff that reminds you of him. If you don't want to pitch everything, put it in a box in the back of your closet and don't open it. This is any picture, letters, gifts etc. His sweatshirt you sleep in and all of that kind of stuff. Get it out of your sight and stop focusing on it. If you have old emails put them in a folder by themselves and don't look at them or you can delete them all.





Then spend the next day for yourself. Go out with friends. Go shopping, go to a spa, go get hair/nails done; anything you like to do. Put on something sexy and flirt with other guys. This will not be easy at first and you won't want to do it at all. Do it anyway. There's nothing like a new interest to help you forget an old one. But you can't get to that new interest if you're obsessing over the old one.
Time is the only thing that will lessen the pain. However, after you are done crying over the break up; meeting someone new will help you forget about the last boyfriend. It really is best to move on. Don't dwell on this relationship too much. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Try to find things to do with friends and family until you no longer feel sad.
this actually happened to me.


uhm well it was reallly hard. but i did everything the wrong way.


stay away from his friends. i actually dated my ex of two years bestfriends and that did not help at all cos all they could do was remind me of him. i befriended his sister. that did not help. i went sycho. i wanted him back, but the best thing to do is have fun and enjoy life and date other people. maybe...he might come back to you as time goes by. i changed over the course of a year and me and him are back together. it all deals with the matter of time. god bless...
Everyone is different though? So there are many options depending on which kinda of person you are, you can drink, find someone else, sleep it off, eat alot, play video games... Or you can face it. Accept it and move on. If you are still too confused because the wound is too fresh, then just wait and give it time. You will get over it one day. Good luck! and no.. I don't agree to drinking or using another person as a substitute..
Sorry to hear that even tho I don't no u but I no its gonna take a while I feel ur pain but don't let that stop urlife u what I mean its a better guy out there better then him that will love u and treat u like a girl is suppose to be treated by a boy so go shopping out to eat hanging with friends and family just do something hey u can even get a job
Burn all pictures, momentos, flowers, anything left over that reminds you of him or just put them in a storage container in the attic...Take all songs relevant to him off ur ipod...Reinvent yourself...Give yourself a new look hair, makeup, skin wise...Go to a department store and have a sales person do it, its free!! Pick up a good book, hes just not that into you is a perfect one...Find inner peace, meditate or go pray....... And write on piece of apper all the fabulous things about you and hang it near a mirror and read one good thing to yourself each day as you wake!!! Ive beent here never give up on yourself!!
THE HARDEST PART OF LIFE IS BEING WITH SOMEONE FOR SO LONG AND HAVING IT END JUST LIKE THAT.RELATIONSHIPS ARE SO HARD TO GET OVER.NO MATTER HOW HARD U TRY THAT PAIN AND FEELING WILL ALWAYS BE THERE SOME WHERE IN YOUR HEART. ESPECIALLY THAT IT WAS A 2 YEAR RELATIONSHIP...ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY ITS SO EASY TO GET OVER SOMEONE EVEN IF THE RELATIONSHIP WAS LONGER..BUT THE ANSWERR IS NO..NO MATTER HOW HARD U TRY NO MATTER WHO UR DATING NO MATTER IF UR NEXT SOMEONE HAS MADE IT GO AWAY..DEEP DOWN INSIDE U KNOW THAT THAT WAS THE HARDEST THING AND UR ALWAYS GONNA HAVE A PIECE OF IT..IT WILL TAKE DAY MOTHS AND YEARS BUT U WILL ALWAYS LOOK BACK ON THAT AND ASK YOURSELF WHY..THE BEST THING TO REALLY DO IS JUST GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE EACH STEP AT A TIME..ITS GONNA BE HARD BUT YOUR GONNA HAVE TO DO IT...LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE U HAVE LIVED IT BEFORE..U WILL ALWAYS HAVE MEMORIESSS BUT I WONT BE THAT BAD AFTER A WHILE..UR BRAVE U HAVE A GREAT HEART JUST KEEP YOURSELF IN MIND THAT EVEN WITH ALL THE PAIN U WILL MAKE IT THROUGH :)
The heartbreak of a breakup is always unbearable the first few weeks...but time will make things better. Trust me. You need to busy yourself up with other friends..go to movies and shopping and just keep yourself busy.
that happened to me a while ago.. and I will admit it took time. let it go and only time can heal your wounds.. sorry to hear about your breakup
I'm sorry about your break up. I know it hurts now....but in time it'll heal. Just don't think about it too much. Keep yourself busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment