Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is crying considered a weakness?

I don't see the problem here? It's just an emotion that you're expressing, and crying can be a way for you to cope, get in touch with how you feel at the moment, and some people feel better after they let the tears out. Once you're done crying, you calm down and move on with your life or problems!





I remember I would get punished and scolded for crying by my family, but I think you can still be a strong person and cry.Why is crying considered a weakness?
I guess we live in a world where we always have to project an image of confidence and being in control that we forget to stay in tune with our true feelings. And people who express their emotions are branded as weak. Even little boys are taught not to cry because 'only girls cry'.





Crying is just a natural bodily reaction to an intense emotion. Suppressing it means that you're in denial of your feelings. I always feel better after crying - after being aware of my emotions, I look for solutions and move on.Why is crying considered a weakness?
Crying is only to be done in private. I always cry though... it sucks and is embarrassing.
Crying when expressing genuine hurt (physical or emotional) or grieving is natural...for both men and women. There are many, however, who have no control over their emotions and will cry very easily. I think it shows a lack of self control and a potential weakness when it is something done in public.





It is also important to recognize that not all people feel better after they've had a good 'cry'. Myself, for example....crying makes me feel worse...and it drags out the negative emotion. When I am overwhelmed with an emotion I cannot stop it, but when given a choice, I would rather push through the feelings without crying.
A lot of people see it as letting your defenses down and not keeping 'a stiff upper lip'. People believe that if you let your defenses down then you will be vulnerable to getting hurt but I disagree.





Crying is good, simpyl just for helpign wash your eyes, as well as letting you express yourself. If you're around people you trust there is no chance of you getting hurt so I dont see the problem.
Any show of emotion is a weakness. Crying is the ultimate physical show of emotion.





I never yell at my kids for crying but I certainly yell at them for whining. I also believe that you can be strong and cry. I think it's all about tone of voice and body language.
crying doesn't make you weak it's just sometime pressure bust a pipe.
O.o what's wrong with your family?


I see nothing wrong with crying. It's human nature to cry.
You kind of came to your own conclusion there, which is great, and I agree! Crying is one of the best therapies. Sometimes you just need to cry. Holding emotions in, like men are ';supposed'; to do, can cause some serious emotional, psychological, and even physical problems later in life. Glad to see that you figured it out on your own.
I think that when you were younger you got scolded for crying because you were crying over something irrelevant, my parents used to always tell me crying won't make it go away. And well it's the truth. In some situations crying is a sign of weakness, others it is a sign of strength, it all depends on what is really going on. But I say you should be able to hold yourself together out in public, because ultimately crying is a sign that you have lost self control and you are letting all your emotions out, and from that stand point, it is weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment