Friday, August 20, 2010

Guys: How could a loved one in your life help you feel more comfortable talking about/dealing with old hurts?

I know that guys are taught not to be open and discuss their feelings and stuff like that, but I've seen someone I'm close to grow more and more upset over several years about something traumatic that happened when he was younger. Any ideas how I can help him overcome this, and be more willing to discuss it and move on with his life? He doesn't like the idea of counselling or a support group or anything like that, and it's my opinion that things are still bothering him. He gets moody and snaps at the whole family, or depressed and just stares out a window....I'd love to help however I can, and I can't just be patient and let time work its wonders because that isn't going anywhere. I dont' want to push, but I think the quicker that we start dealing with this as a family the better it will be for all of us. Any ideas, please?Guys: How could a loved one in your life help you feel more comfortable talking about/dealing with old hurts?
Don't judge ask questions This way he can tell you what you want to know without the constant What's wrong with you etc etc, and to tell you the truth some of your comments can be taken as insults to him. So be careful. Some people get wired differently after a traumatic event. Most of the time it's not always bad if he wants to look out the window let him that's how he deals with things. I understand your concerned take my advice don't ride the guy do it gently. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to him.Guys: How could a loved one in your life help you feel more comfortable talking about/dealing with old hurts?
let him work it out by his self Stop bringing it up the more you scratch a sore the more it hurts and get infected. Just let it heal. Stop!
  • long hair styles
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment