Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In what ways has diversity enriched your life? How has diversity brought peace and prosperity to America?

I have learned in school that diversity is our strength. Our country is experiencing greater and greater diversity and by 2042 there will be no majority race in the United States. In what other countries in the world are the people blessed with diversity, and how have these countries harnessed the maximum possible return on diversity? What other countries are good examples of harnessing the potential of diversity to bring us peace, understanding and better opportunities for all citizens? Also, are you able to experience enough diversity in your community and would you be interested in moving to a city with greater diversity if you had the chance?In what ways has diversity enriched your life? How has diversity brought peace and prosperity to America?
Sadly, you have bought into the politically correct propaganda that is slowly destroying out country. Diversity isn't out strength. Use some common sense. When have differences ever brought people together? Our nation was at it's strongest when everyone in the country shared common beliefs and goals. It's what enabled us to work together. Look how far we have fallen today as more and more people buy into this idea that diversity is a good thing. Look at the UK and what diversity is doing to it. Assimilation is the key and that only happens with time. It doesn't happen when the flood gates are thrown open and immigrants move in and form their own little communities that are isolated from the rest of society. Mark my words, by 2042 our country will be facing problem after problem and diversity will be the root cause of it.In what ways has diversity enriched your life? How has diversity brought peace and prosperity to America?
If you think, every nation once started from diversity but some what locally. I mean every nation is a mix of many tribes that somehow differed from each other. The great thing about the US is that the diversity is not just local but it is global. This mix should be the greatest as soon as we all become one.
If there's a day that someone can't answer what it means to be an American...





...it'll be a sad sad day to find out America has no culture but it sure has a lot of diversity - and ultimately a lot of self-segregated communities.
i guess you could say different view points of the world instead of just totally ONE group like the Japanese





but in my opinion i think our greatest strength is the amount of freedom that we have
I've learned that California is a paradox. As 'progressive' as it's supposed to be, the overt bigotry toward Americans of Mexican descent (i.e. legal immigrants and their offspring) is appalling.
Diversity is a joke and so is anyone who buys into it.
';Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.';





-- Famous Existentialist Philosopher
I came from a town of 1,200 people - The majority of persons there received land grants from the King to come here in the early to mid 1800's





I grew up there and left when I was about 30





I have lived in a large multi cultural city for going on 9 years now -- so yes at some point this year I will turn 39 and I am not happy about that





----------- There are a lot of things frankly I do not like - there have been other things that have happened which are normal in a city this size that have opened up my eyes on all sorts of things I would never have imagined





---------- Other nations have complete cultures history's and view points -- and everyone knows that -- But finding out what those are - how it works and what that means to how those particular peoples view life the human the globe god and everything in between has been a remarkable learning experience for me





One of my largest issues with living in the city is -- population density - I do not like it that I do not have what I deem personal space on the sidewalk -- it makes me angry --





Other nations come here -- and glory in the space - WOW - some are scared of it . Some Latin American/South American nations might have millions of acres around them but they like being within 6 inches of each other -- As a cultural reference I want you a good 4 feet away from me and I would like to be able to see you coming 100 yards away





The city is impersonal -- yes they are standing too close to me - and there are a lot of them - but no one knows each other .





I can identify east coasters a mile away - they stand 4 feet away and say hello --





There are differences in body languages - there are differences in etiquette -- but really the statement of people are people is true





Sometimes that is good and sometimes that is bad - People being people is a neutral statement -- and that starts to come across in a city far more readily than in a small town --- and in a way that is subtle and hard to explain





The small town people will be far more tolerant of eccentricity and far less tolerant of difference - where here it seems to be the opposite .








I will go home one day -- and yes I still call that home and not here --





But when I get there -- I will never be able to talk about any of the things I have learned while here - which is no more than a trade because I can't really talk about the things I learned while up north while here

No comments:

Post a Comment