Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you ';move on'; from the love of your life?

My gf of over three years recently told me that she didn't think she was ';in love'; with me anymore. She is 6 years younger than me and I was her first serious relationship. She wants to go out and party and all that stuff.


She cheated on me with a girl and my gf now says she MIGHT be lez, but she's totally into girls right now.





The thing is I KNOW she was in love with me at some point and I am still in love with her. She hasn't been treating me very well lately and I'm starting to wonder if I should even WANT her back.





But I can't help it, I love her with all my heart and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else, having kids with anyone else, or anything.......she is the ONE I was supposed to be with.


Now she wants to go see this girl. . .





I have a feeling that someday she MIGHT regret what she's doing to me and want me back. But what I REALLY want to know is. . .





How do I get past this pain? How do I let her go? Is it possible? I'm not sure I can make itHow do you ';move on'; from the love of your life?
First of all I understand how you feel. I met my first love 29 years ago. He was my ';first';. You never forget them but put things into perspective. Don't think of her as ';the love of your life';. Respectfully, you probably aren't old enough to have many experiences. IF she thinks she is a lesbian you might as well move on. Enjoy your friends, have fun, don't worry about a relationship right now and when you least expect, love will find you. Most of all, DON'T WORRY ABOUT HER AND HER FUTURE. You can only worry about yourself. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS AND THINGS WILL BE BETTER THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE%26gt; Good Luck!How do you ';move on'; from the love of your life?
time heals all wounds. unfortunately, time can go slow. shes' young and still finding herself. you are/were ready to settle down and get serious and she wasnt. go out with your friends and meet other women. that 's the best way to forget about your ex.
It just takes time. Take one day at a time.


Has happened to all of us before. The pain sometimes seems unbearable. In a year or so you will forget the pain and you will have found someone else. The love of my life over 20 years ago was never even close to the real love of my life now.
What you have isn't love, it is a need to be with her. Learn the difference and it will be easy to move on.


You cannot love someone who doesn't respect you. Cheaters have not respect.
You can't force love. she might be regret in the future, if you want to wait for that day, it's your choice, but you are taking a big chance and may waist your life waiting for nothing. I would just move on, why would you love someone who does not love you back? anymore at least.
wow you are asking the same questions that i wish i knew how to answer for myself. i feel the same way about this guy that i am totalley into. i even said the l word but i said it without maturity and without caution because i said it loosely and said it when i wanted to mend a fight. like how can i put a bandaid on a open flesh cut. right now i am seperated from him he is 9 years older than me and he broke up with me. i have been so sad and crying he said that if i would have stuck to the agreement that he would have considered us seeing eachother again. idk what to tell you what do you have to offer? why is she being so selfish? how do you fall out of love with someone? and why do people like us allow others to treat us bad when all we want to do is love?
with time it'll all get better!!!!! try not to dwell on it
I don't think you ever forget that person I will always remember mine and it hold a place in my heart but I know we will never be back together but you still miss them
You know what Raven, i don't know what to say to you. It is hard i am going through kinda of the same thing. i love this man that i want to spend the rest of my life with and not sure if he feels the same. You just have to take it one day at a time and hopeful things will get better.





hang in there
You just move on. Go to a bar and meet someone new. Go out with friends and put yourself out there. Just get out and meet other girls and flirt. It sounds stupid but it will help you to move on. I was in a relationship with a guy 9 years older then me and we broke up beacuse he was ready for kids and I wasn't. It sucks and it's depressing but you just need to get out of the house and move on. I promise you by the third night out you will feel a whole lot better about the situation.
Here we go again young love it is not that serious please believe me when i tell you this, if you think that she is in love with you but having been treating you well lately than you know that she doesn't love you or even care about your feelings there is no other way to put it.





close your eyes and picture where you want Tobe six years from now and see if she will be there you have to be going in the same direction if it is really true love.


best of luck
All of us have to learn to deal with rejection and it's not pretty but it's life. We have the ability to have many ';loves of our life'; but if you didn't ask the important questions while you were dating, then you shouldn't be surprised at the end result. Was she interested in being as involved as you, were you looking toward marriage or even talked about it, did you discuss your future goals, aspirations, and where children fit into your life? Dating isn't about just hanging out together and looking at each other with doe eyes. It's a job interview. Love is a good start but not the only thing that makes a great relationship and future partnership. It doesn't matter if she ever regrets leaving you if you never put together a relationship plan for a future. Find yourself, put together your goals and needs in a woman and move forward to finding that special someone who shares your future ideals. This one obviously has other agendas that don't include you and quite possibly not men at all. You can't change that. Be brave, hold you head up and start again, but slowly this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment