Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you move on with your life after you've finally accepted a break up?

Details are optional, if you don't feel like reading any advice is great :)





I was engaged, happy, everything seemed perfect and then slammed downhill. In the beginning anyone would say he was the epiphany of the ';perfect'; guy, that all changed a year or so later. I had even went through his army training with him, I wrote him every single day, cried myself to sleep every night. But it was worth it. Although our relationship was great in his and our world, from the outside he was controlling, abusive (every type), and cheated a couple times. For some reason, this kept me latched on to him for months after we broke up..the hope that he'd suddenly miss me and return to the ';prince'; I first met and even partly in fear that if I'd had a conversation with any guys he'd end up hurting someone (I wasn't allowed to in our relationship). Btw, he broke up with me. I've finally been hit with the fact that I've been completely ridiculous in my depressive hopes. Although I love him dearly, I need to get my life back. A few days ago, he told me that if I meet someone he'd consider it cheating on him, because i'm ';still his';, and also in regards to him cheating on me (sleeping with someone I specifically voiced my worries about) a couple months ago he said to me, ';you probably think about it every day and it tears you apart, get over it, we're not together anymore.'; Truth is, that's the truth..that completely shattered me. Up until that day, we still slept together and I still treated him like we were together. But him showing how shallow he is allowed me to tell him I was done. And now I need to get my life back..where do I start?How do you move on with your life after you've finally accepted a break up?
you shouldnt rush into another relationship, that is something that you really shouldnt do. spend alot of time with your friends and your family to keep your mind off of him and to get over him, and you should try to do it quickly even though it will be hard. but he obviously isnt worth your pain because i mean, he cheated on you and he was abusive. and the part about you having another relationship and he would consider it cheating on him, say the words to him that he said to you ';you probably think about it every day and it tears you apart, get over it, we're not together anymore.'; and tell him you want nothing else to do with him, because you are obviously a better person than he is=)How do you move on with your life after you've finally accepted a break up?
This man is a complete jerk and is STILL controlling you even though he's not with you. BE GLAD HE LET YOU GO and grab some self-respect, while you're at it. You don't NEED this loser. Every woman (and man) has a right to happiness, and personally I think this man is infringing on your happiness. Get together with your girlfriends. Go out places, get new hobbies. Be anywhere but with this guy. If he calls, don't answer. If he emails, don't answer. If he texts, don't answer. Put the things he gave you in a box in your garage. Basically, put him out of sight, out of mind. If he cheated on you, he'd continue to do so. You see that he's controlling, so I don't even see why you'd want to be with this piece of trash. It's time to find yourself, treat yourself like you deserve the best (even if you feel like you don't), because no woman deserves to be cheated on or have a man act like a jerk to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment