Monday, August 16, 2010

How to move on and rebuild your life?

I have always been a naturally light hearted and joyful person. I love life, adventure and I have a good spiritual foundation.





But 4 years ago I had my heart broken. I went through a period of grief, followed by a depression. My work suffered. I was in grad school studying a subject I loved with a prestigious scholarship, but after the breakup I couldn't focus anymore. Even after I got over the heart break the stress of not being able to make the deadline for my thesis enabled the depression to continue until it became a chronic condition.





I made the decision to leave grad school, as it was unhealthy for me to continue to be in that kind of environment. I gave up my career and my livelihood. I am happy I did it, because the healing began immediately after wards...I traveled, I fell in love again...I began to think about new creative projects and different kinds of work I might do in order to make a new life for myself. Now, I feel great and I am finally at the point where I can look back on everything that happend and marvel at how much I have learned about what is to be human--I have so much compassion and faith.





BUT!! I am now 30 years old, bright and well educated, but without the degree I worked so hard for, without any professional training, no letters of reference, and I am totally broke with a large student loan.





I need to try to build a career --but I am so far behind, and my resume has so many gaps. I know I am smart and enthusiastic and I have many skills---but I don't look good on paper--certainly not on a resume---(ie unfinished projects, and years without any employment outside of a university setting)





How should I address this when applying for jobs? What kind of options do I have? How can I move on from the rubble of a life upset and rebuild again?How to move on and rebuild your life?
never is late for learn you are in a god edge, to get a career you never know when you will to need a diploma, so you have enthusiasm, and wishes to have a better education, just do it YES YOU CAN, you can try first with two jobs save money, for 8 months and try to back to scoolHow to move on and rebuild your life?
You may just have to settle for a lesser position until you get more experience on your resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment