Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you move on with your life if you cant get over the past?

i was abused as a child and didnt have a mother and moved from foster home to foster home and i am still filled with so much pain all i want is answers and i dont know how i can get them i want to know why to so many of my questions that are in my head i want to know why my mother did what she did and my father why is he so crazy and why to my own family who gave me away why did they do all of the things that they did and when i asked about it theyt ackted as if it never happen, so why do bad things happen to good people and how do i ever heal from all the pain and hurt i feel in my lifeHow do you move on with your life if you cant get over the past?
I don't think anyone can ever ';move on'; with their life without repurcussions from a very sad and totally dysfunctional beginning in life, but somehow we do. The questions that are making you crazy are apt to do more harm if you find out the answers you feel you need. Trust me, you will be better off to try and get it out of your head and concentrate on making the remainder of your life the best you can make it....you will heal, I promise you, it'll take time, but as you achieve more and more out of life, these things that have hurt you for so long will diminish slowly as to how often you think about them...take baby steps, but take them now before you drive yourself crazy...life is short...start living for the future and you'll soon forget about the past...How do you move on with your life if you cant get over the past?
Thanks to whoever gave me the one point to win best answer....

Report Abuse



I went through a similar childhood. I don't know why my family didn't want me around but I decided to just let it go. They were ignorant people and I don't go out of my way to see any of them anymore. I can't change the past so I left it behind. I took control of my own life at 17 and never looked back. You have to bury the pain and start a new life for yourself today. Life can be great starting today. You need to find the strength in yourself that was always there.


For at least ten years I wouldn't talk or think about anything that happened before I turned 17. I thought I was sane but looking back on it now I realize how strange that was.


I now allow myself some of the better memories from my childhood but I lost a lot of them by shutting down.


My brother who was in the same situation didn't do as well. He still has emotional problems. He just can't let it go.


I probably didn't help much with my rambling. I hope you can survive it as well as I did. It's all water under the bridge.


The past is gone. The future doesn't exist yet. All we can do is change today.
Call your local public mental health facility and try talking to a counselor. I feel for you, there are things in life that can never be answered because nobody knows the answer. Always respect yourself and know it wasn't your fault these things happened. It's a long road but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I was also abused in my child hood, over time I have learned to move on, but it wasn't easy. And yes, my Mom %26amp; Dad to this day still say things never happen. Im not sure why they do it, possible because they feel so quilty and they don't want to talk about it. I spent many years trying to get answers, to no avail ( they just deny it.)





My best answer is, if your old enough, move away and move on. Thats the best thing I did, now, im happily married and I have my own family.





Stay Strong
My advice is to get find good counselor to help you through it. Most larger Christian churches have licensed counselor/therapist that will offer you free or reduced priced fees so it's worth it to call and find out. One thing is for sure, you don't want to go on without dealing with it. My mother in law had a very bad childhood with an abusive mother and all this time she refused to get help and now she is 65 years old and still miserable and bitter about her past. She married a nice man, has plenty of money, has three great children, etc...but hasn't enjoyed one minute of her life because she's too busy complaining and being bitter about her psycho mother.


Best of luck to you and your future.
I am so sorry about what happen to you life sometime doesn't make any sense but hey i know you have a big heart and you got a beautiful life ahead of you.I know this is not easy for you but god is always as answer he is the one that give you strength,hope and give whole new life for you.





I don't know how you are now but I think you are coming to the stage you want to know everything. about your mum she did that because she think it was the best thing for you for that time she didn't even think wht is going to happen to you next please understand it was harder for them than for you now to understand what really happen.





I know those things will be always with you but it your choice to except it and move on with a better life or keep holding them back and the more you think about it the more it get hurt. Sweetheart life is too short for those things the only person is going to get hurt is the person who thinks about it.





keep praying that some day you will be happy and all the past will just slip away. Just take one step at time recover yourself from all the lost you had the pain and the hurt but try and find the answer for all your un answer questions. If you feel you need someone to talk to just email me hope you will find the answer for your questions always know that there people out there who want to help darling good luck.
Are you a grown up? Then just move on. Meet new people- have your own life. Bad things have happened to a lot of people. But it is over now. Its up to you to choose the way you want to live. There is nothing you can do about yesterday but you can do anything you want tomorrow. You survived which means you are strong. Learn from your past and make a happier future.
Creation just pray about it. From the looks of things u r a beautiful, kinghearted person. Don't let ur past change that!!
Jesus can help you with your pain, he will be your comfortor. You go thru things so you can someday help someone else to become a stronger person . Remember God will only put on you what you can bear. He knew in the end you will come out Victorious.
just chill dude.forget ur past. life is short dont let ur past haunt u.even i had some prob like u jus think positively and try reading ';frozen thoughts';an excellant magazine.but i also tell u that there s no power or strength but with God. so jus pray to him and ask him to give u a bettr life

No comments:

Post a Comment